Beef raised on grass (a cow’s natural diet) is much higher in healthy omega 3 fatty acids, vitamin E and healthy fat than that brought up on a diet of grains. Not to mention that grass fed beef is some of the highest quality protein available, vital for building muscle and burning fat.
advantages of grass fed beef
- More antioxidant Vitamin E
- More antioxidant Beta Carotene
- More CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid – cancer prevention)
- Less Fat/Saturated Fat (this is more natural levels for wild meats)
- Less Omega 6s, More Omega 3s
- Higher in the B-vitamins thiamin and riboflavin
- Higher in the minerals calcium, magnesium, and potassium
It has been estimated that only 40 percent of Americans consume an adequate supply of omega-3 fatty acids. Twenty percent have blood levels so low that they cannot be detected. Switching to the meat, milk, and dairy products of grass-fed animals is one way to restore this vital nutrient to your diet.