These gems are great anti inflammatory and for detoxification.
These colorful root vegetables contain powerful nutrient compounds that help protect against heart disease, birth defects and certain cancers, especially colon cancer. These vegetables are rich in antioxidant carotenoids, and in particular, beta-carotene.
The nitric acid in beets increases the blood flow in your body including the brain that are associated with degeneration and dementia.
Eating beets raw packs more nutrients. A great way to eat them raw is by juicing at adding them to a salad.
A great way that I like to eat beets is by roasting them
Oven Roasted Vegetables
- 4 beets ( Different colors looks nice )
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 apple sliced
- add 1 tablespoon of brown sugar if you want it sweeter
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a bowl, whisk oil,
- vinegar and seasonings. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Transfer to two greased baking pan. Bake, uncovered,
- 30-40 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 7