Its health benefits are amazingly beneficial in reducing fats, chomping down on free radicals, combating negative metabolic issues, promoting improved insulin levels, supporting ocular health and warding off diseases and cancers.
- Blueberry help rid off harmful oxygen-derived free radicals from the body, and thereby, protect the body from cancers, aging, degenerative diseases, and infections.
- In addition, research studies suggest that chlorogenic acid in these berries help lower blood sugar levels and control blood glucose levels in type-II diabetes.
- Blueberries are great for the brain. Flavinoids have been shown to improve memory and cognitive functions such as; the ability to reason, make decisions, and maintain general comprehension and retention. In addition, the regular consumption of flavonoids may help slow down the mental decline in the aging.
- They help the body metabolize carbohydrates, protein, and fats.
- In addition, these berries contain good amount of minerals like potassium, manganese, copper, iron and zinc. Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids that helps controlling heart rate and blood pressure. Copper is required in the production of red blood cells. Iron is required for red blood cell formation.
- The World's Healthiest Foods