How Do Foods Burn Fat?
High protein consumes more energy
High protein foods require more energy from the body to process, thus the fat burning properties. The protein is good for muscle building, which in turn helps to increase metabolism.
- Chicken (lean cuts, no skin)
- Salmon is packed with good fats which are helps weight loss.
- Beef (lean cuts)
- Turkey (lean cuts)
- Yogurt is high in protein
When your body temperature is increased, your metabolism too will speed up to, helping your body to burn calories. It then makes sense that food which will raise the body temperature more then other foods will have improved fat burning properties.
- Cayenne Chiles
- Green tea contains the anti-oxidant EGCG which works to burn calories throughout the whole day.
- Oranges are rich in fiber, the high vitamin C content of oranges helps fat burn. Vitamin C promotes the production of Carnitine in the body which oxidizes fatty acids (breaks them down/burns fat).
- Garlic and Onions have minerals and oils inside garlic and onions help to break down fat and increase the metabolism.
Fiber is excellent for digestion and moves food faster through a digestive tract meaning fewer calories are absorbed.
Additional ways that high fiber foods help us with the weight loss is by helping us to feel satisfied and fuller for longer.
It is important to drink plenty of water when you increase your fiber content, or it can actually build up in your intestine leading to constipation.
Great foods that are high in fiber
- Whole grain bread
- Brown rice
- Broccoli boasts a great deal of fiber and a host of other health benefits in your daily diet.
- Berries (raspberries, blue berries, blackberries, strawberries) are high in nutrients including antioxidant