A member of parsley family, which also includes commonly known herbs and spices such as dill, anise, fennel, cumin.Caraway seeds are rich source of dietary fiber. 100 seeds provide 38 g of fiber. May protect from cancers, infection, aging and degenerative neurological diseases. Caraway water is sometimes used in treating flatulence and indigestion in traditional medicines, to relive infantile colic.
It is also used as flavoring agent in mouth-wash and gargle.
Caraway extraction is used to soothe muscle sores, help lessen a cold, as a remedy in bronchitis and irritable bowel syndrome .
- protect from cancers ( colon), infection, aging and degenerative neurological diseases.
- rich source of dietary fiber.
- helps lower LDL cholesterol levels
- Caraway spice is an excellent source of minerals like iron, copper, calcium, potassium, manganese, selenium, zinc and magnesium. Copper is required in the production of red blood cells. Iron is required for red blood cell formation. Zinc helps regulate growth and development, sperm generation, digestion also gas and indigestion. Potassium plays an important part in helping control the heart rate and blood pressure.
- The seeds are powerhouse for many vital vitamins. Vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin C as well as many B-complex vitamins
- The seed is common to German, Russian, Indian, Indonesian and Scandinavian cooking.
- Most commonly used in breads and with cabbage