The Benefits of Juicing
- Freshly made juice gives you all the nutrients without any of the associated digestion. A freshly made juice bypasses your need to digest through the fibers before you get all the nutrients of the fruits and vegetables. This is ideal for people who have digestion problems and who need to heal themselves before they can absorb nutrients from whole foods. This ability to bypass your digestion and go straight into your nutritional system is important for giving your body a break and allowing it to heal itself fully.
- Juice is ideal for cleansing and healing. Many people have healed themselves and undergone complete transformations by following a supervised juice fast or juice feast. The idea is to drink only freshly made juicer for an extended period of time to allow your body to take a break and work on deeper issues that require healing. Remember to consider the benefits of organic produce when you’re juicing, especially if you aren't peeling your produce.
- Vegetables are better juiced whereas fruits are better eaten whole. Fruits need all of the fiber in order to slow down the absorption of sugar in your blood stream. The exception is that of mixing apple juice with vegetables. Vegetables contain less sugar and therefore don’t need as much fiber to slow down the absorption.
- Juice gives you an instant energy boost. When you’re drinking freshly made juice, you’re getting all of the energy right away without waiting for your body to digest through it.
- Cleaning a juicer can be quite a task. Both take just as long to prep the vegetables before using them. No time is saved on one or the other. A juicer definitely requires a little bit more time for cleanup. A juicer is also more expensive than a blender.
- Juices don’t make you feel full. After drinking juice you might be satisfied for 30 minutes to an hour. After drinking a smoothie, you might be satisfied for two to three hours. So if you look at juicing as away to add nutrition into your day with natural products instead of a meal that is right on track. A Smoothie will fill you up as a meal.
- Juice allows you to juice almost any produce. You might never put a beet or a carrot in one of your smoothies, but you can definitely make juice out of these ingredients. It is a great way to sneak in vegetables that you normally would not eat or don't like the taste.
- Juicing and smoothies can potentially lead to increased absorption of nutrition. This is certainly the case for the elderly, or people who have a hard time chewing through foods properly.
- If money is an issue then I definitely think a blender is a better investment because you’re not wasting the fiber of the fruits and vegetables that you’re blending.
- If you have gardens full of fresh vegetables and don’t know what to do with it. Juicing is a great option.
- Juice does have an advantage in terms of nutrition because it is already broken down so that your body can absorb the nutrients better.
A smoothie or a juice? Let’s hear your thoughts and comments on blender or juicer!