- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 2 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 (12 oz) bags of butternut squash
- 2 small apples cored and sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cup heavy whipping cream or unsweetened coconut milk
- Pinch of cayenne optional
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup optional to sweeten
- 1/2 cup roasted pumpkin seeds for garnish
Saute onion, garlic and celery with oil in a medium saucepan until tender. Add 1 can vegetable broth; stir well. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes. Add remaining can of broth, pumpkin,apples, butternut squash, spices; stir well. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Blend mixture in a blender or food processor until smooth. Will need to do in batches. Return mixture to sauce pan and add milk, and maple if desired.
Pour into bowl and garnish with pumpkin seed and Greek yogurt optional
Tastes better the next day as a reheat.