1. Point Isabel Dog Park2701 Isabel St. Richmond, California Point Isabel is home to the United States' largest public off-leash dog park. A favorite with park visitors is Mudpuppy's Tub & Scrub, a dog washing and dog-specific retail shop facility. There are full service and do-it-yourself dog baths, plus great toys, treats, and supplies. The Sit & Stay Cafe is located next door to Mudpuppy's and features treats for your dog's best friend, including Gourmet espresso drinks, coffee, pastries, sandwiches, smoothies, soups, cookies, ice cream, and their famous Road House Chili.
2. Cosmo Dog Park 2502 E. Ray Road Gilbert, Ariz.
Dog Park Amenities include: Approximately 4 fenced acres, Area lighting for night use, Pet drinking fountains & wash stations, Separate use areas for active and timid dogs, Ramada, tables and benches, Trash receptacles and "Mutt-Mitt" waste disposal stations. 3. Friends Forever Dog Park 966 Rudy Road Freeport, Ill. A nine-acre dog park complete with a pool to romp in during long, hot summers. At the Friends Forever Dog Park, located in northern Illinois, a fenced area filled with agility equipment coaxes the inner athletes out of dogs. The equipment, which is also used by park operator Friends Forever Humane Society for training and exercising homeless dogs, includes an A-frame, dog walk, weave poles, and jumps.
4. Millie Bush Bark Park 16756 Westheimer Pkwy. Houston Texas Thirteen acres. Double gated & fenced, pick up bags, large and small dog areas (with large and small fire hydrants in them!) -doggie swimming ponds, water fountains, doggie showers, shade areas, benches, scattered trees, walking path, parking lot. Picnic benches outside park. Restrooms close by but not in the dog park. Open 7 days a week dawn to dusk. 5. Alum Creek Dog Park 3615 S. Old State Road Lewis Center, Ohio The Friends of Alum Creek Dog Park is on a 4-acre site along the reservoir near the marina. The grounds include a fenced area with water access for dogs that enjoy water sports and two additional fenced areas for small and large dogs. 6. Warren G. Magnuson Dog Park 7400 Sand Point Way NE, Seattle, Wash. The Magnuson dog off-leash area is located in the center of the park. Created in 1999, it has been continuously improved. It now has a "small and shy area", beach access, and nine acres for running and playing. Located along the shores of Lake Washington, dogs can romp in the water or meander down a picturesque trail that snakes through the nine-acre park. But this isn’t just any trail. The wide, winding footpath is composed of compact gravel to keep down mud, and level enough to be wheelchair-accessible.
7. Indianapolis Humane Society Pet & People Park 7929 N. Michigan Rd. Indianapolis, Indiana Central Indiana's first pet park is on the campus of the Humane Society of Indianapolis. The park allows a place for owners to exercise and enjoy their pets in a safe, fenced area. There is a canine agility course that is a highlight of the park, picnic tables for family enjoyment and approximately 1.5 miles of wooded trails.
8. Shaggy Pines Dog Park 3895 Cherry Lane Ave. S.E. Grand Rapids, Michigan
This unique, 20-acre private park is located in the heart of Cascade Township serving the Metro Grand Rapids area. You'll find plenty of towering pines, rolling hills, and wide-open green spaces just 3 miles from 28th Street! Shaggy Pines Dog Park has been designed as your dogs very own 'heaven-on-earth'.
9. Rocky Top Dog Park 4106 State Hwy. 27 Princeton, New Jersey Rocky Top is situated on a 5.75-acre tract of natural woodlands. The fenced-in areas occupy about 3 acres, with about 2 of these devoted to the "main" park and its shaded, woodchip-paved walking paths and man-made swimming pond. The rest of the park is divided into 3 smaller fenced areas used primarily for small-dog and puppy play, special events, and by member dogs who prefer to play on grass. The entire area is treated for ticks on a regular basis. The swimming pond, supplied by city water, is elevated to eliminate runoff and is also drained and cleaned regularly.
10. Bea Arthur Dog Park 501 Front St. Norfolk, Virginia
Rocky Top is situated on a 5.75-acre tract of natural woodlands. This 1-acre dog park features a large expanse of lawn, double-gated entrance, a water station, a toy bin, a shaded picnic area, and an easy-access ramp for dog-paddling in the Elizabeth River. In a beautiful picturesque location by the water, it is conveniently close to downtown Norfolk, and right near the Cruise lines port. What's better? It is open 24/7 and is to be enjoyed free of charge!
Article By www.petvr.com